- Beach! Our favorite beach in California is Laguna Beach. There are sand volleyball nets, a playground for the kids to play on, a long stretch of sand that never seems crowded no matter what day you go, and showers to wash all the sand off before getting into your cars. It’s only about a 30 minute drive from Disneyland. I recommending driving down the Pacific Coast Highway for views of the ocean. (FREE)
- Head up to Los Angeles to check out the Griffith Observatory. Not only do you get to check out the different telescopes and exhibits, you can also see the HOLLYWOOD sign. (FREE)
- TCL Chinese Theater. Compare your feet and hand sizes with the stars past and present. (FREE)
- Hollywood Walk of Fame. Check out all the stars on the sidewalk for a few blocks and see if you can find some of your favorites. (FREE)
- Santa Monica Pier. There’s an arcade, aquarium, ferris wheel, and roller coaster. There are also some nearby shops and sometimes a local farmer’s market. You can also walk around on the pier and take a walk on the sand. (FREE and FEE)
- Check out the Space Shuttle Endeavour. It’s located at the California Science Center at USC and super cool to take a look at. (FEE)
- Catch a professional baseball, basketball, or football game, depending on the time of year. (FEE)
Contact me anytime to book your next vacation!