My family decided to tent camp! Checking in was a breeze and we set up our site before heading to Trails End restaurant on the property for dinner! We were tired after a long drive from Virginia and ordered a family fried chicken meal to go at the counter service. It was delicious and for a great value! I highly recommend it!
There are SO many offerings at this resort! If your family loves the outdoors, some of the things you can do are; pony rides, archery, fishing, bike rentals, and free movies under the stars. There are volleyball and basketball courts offered as well! If you would like, you can rent a golf cart to get you where you want to go in a breeze! We loved the pool and splash pad areas! There is even a hot tub area available as well to relax in! Some evenings Chip and Dale come out for a campfire sing a long! You can even make smores in a big fire pit before the show! It is a fun way to spend an evening and it is close by the pool too if you want to take a dip while you wait! If you are down by the water in the evening, you can even catch the electric water parade go by!
We loved being surrounded by all of the native wildlife in Florida and even caught a glimpse of an Armadillo roaming the grounds near the bus station. Bus travel is easy and has several color-coded lines to take you to various parts of this large resort. There are directories at every stop to help you navigate where you want to go. My youngest daughter loved looking at it and figuring out which color bus line we needed.
When we booked, I took a look at the map of the resort and picked an area loop to request so we would beclose to a bus as well as a comfort station. Requests aren’t guaranteed, but we were able to get the location area we requested. The comfort stations are very clean and after 10pm you will need a magic band to access them. There are a number of showers and toilets. It was very accommodating for us! We really enjoyed our camping experience and would definitely do it again! It doesn’t sound like we “roughed it” too much, does it?
Here are some tips I found helpful for camping at Disney:
· Bring some Christmas lights! This was so great for us because it is quite dark in the evenings and we were able to see our tent site much easier!
· Don’t forget your magic bands if you need a comfort station at night! I learned that the hard way at 2am! Ha ha!
·Get to the showers early! Mornings are busy at the campground as everyone prepares for a day at the parks. You will wait less if you arrive early!
· Glow sticks are a great tool for nights in your tent! My kids loved having them in conjunction with the Christmas lights!
· Bring your own smore kits! While Disney does offer smore ingredients, we loved bringing our own goodies from home. It was a fun treat for the kids and more cost effective.
· Check the nights of Chip and Dale’s Campfire Sing a long! It is so much fun and kids get to meet and greet with them afterwards. It is a great time to get autographs!
I would love to help you plan your next Disney vacation!
Contact me today! firstname.lastname@example.org