I think I’ll try defying gravity!
Tips and Tricks for going to a Broadway show
1. Pay extra for better seats! It’s totally worth it! Though you may not believe it, but the place you sit does have an effect on your overall experience.
2. Go to the stage door after the show! It is one of the most unique and memorable experiences that you’ll ever have! Don’t crowd the cast. They just performed for 2 ½ hours and are looking to go home and rest up for the next show.
3. If you’re going to a matinee, eat after. If you’re going to a night show, eat after. You don’t want to be late and not get the full experience because of your dinner or lunch!
4. Get to the theatre early. You’ll want to take pictures and buy merchandise and snacks. Plus, it allows you to get better pictures of the stage when the seats aren’t packed
5. Do not dress casual. Going to see a Broadway show is a classy event, and you don’t want to look like a slob.
6. Don’t be on your cell phone the whole time because it’s distracting for the people around you.
7. During intermission, don’t go to the bathroom unless it’s a true emergency. The lines are extremely long and people were missing the first part of the second act because they waited too long for the bathroom.
Thank you for reading and if you want to book a trip to the Big Apple and experience Broadway firsthand, shoot my mom an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mickeysdreamvacations.com for more options.
Thank you and have a “Wicked” day!
Written by Mike Kinnerk (son of Meg, owner of MDV)
Cast in order of appearance: Jonah Platt (Fiyero), Peter Scolari (the Wizard), Zach Piser (Boq), Ginna Claire Mason (standby for Glinda), Rachel Tucker (Elphaba), Dawn Cantwell (Nessarose).